Are you looking for a creative and nature-inspired way to add a botanical touch to your craft and personal projects? Pressed flower stickers are the perfect solution! Not only are they a delight to create, but they also add a unique, natural beauty to any project.
Make Pressed Flower Stickers: Step by Step Instructions
Pressed flower stickers combine the enchantment of nature with the versatility of craft. With these botanical stickers, you can turn your favourite flowers into timeless, adhesive pieces of art that can be used to embellish greeting cards, scrapbooks, gift wrapping, or even to adorn your everyday items.
Here are step-by-step instructions to guide you through the process:
Materials You’ll Need:
- Flower press
- Pressed flowers
- Baking paper (parchment paper)
- Clear packaging tape
- Press Your Flowers: Choose the flowers you want to press and press them for 2-3 weeks in a flower press. Find flower pressing instructions here. Shop flower presses here. Once flowers are pressed, move on to the next step.
- Cut Baking Paper Strips: Cut a large portion of baking paper big enough to fit all of the flowers you would like to turn into stickers. Lay the baking paper down on a flat surface.
- Place Flowers on Baking Paper: Carefully place each flower or petal on the sheet of baking paper. Ensure there is enough space between each flower.
- Cut Clear Tape Strips: Cut strips of clear tape to the desired length for your stickers. Each strip should be long enough to accommodate the size of the pressed flower.
- Adhere Clear Tape: Place a strip of clear tape on top of each pressed flower on the backing paper sheet and use your fingers to gently smooth out the tape to create a “flower sticker.” Press the tape down firmly to make sure it adheres well.
- Trim Excess Tape and Baking Paper: Carefully trim any excess tape and baking paper around the flower sticker using scissors. Make sure to leave a small border of tape and baking paper around the flower for easy application.
- Repeat the Process: Continue making more flower stickers using this method with other pressed flowers.
- Store Your Flower Stickers: Once you’ve created your pressed flower stickers, store them in a cool, dry place to prevent any moisture damage.
Now you have your own handmade pressed flower stickers that you can use to decorate cards, scrapbooks, notebooks, or any other creative project you can think of! Enjoy your beautiful and natural creations.
Watch our Instagram Reel to learn how to make them here.
Best Ways To Use Pressed Flower Stickers
Pressed flower stickers can be a creative and versatile way to add a touch of nature to various crafts and projects. Here are some of the best ways to use pressed flower stickers:
Card Making: Create beautiful and unique greeting cards by embellishing them with pressed flower stickers. Whether for birthdays, holidays or special occasions, these stickers can add a personal and artistic touch to your cards.
Scrapbooking: Incorporate pressed flower stickers into your scrapbook pages to add a natural and botanical element to your memories. They can be used to highlight specific photos, create borders or decorate page backgrounds.
Home Decor: Decorate various items around your home with pressed flower stickers such as picture frames, mirrors and glass vases. You can also create custom artwork by arranging them on canvas or wooden panels.
Wedding Invitations and Favours: Add a romantic and organic touch to your wedding invitations, place cards, and wedding favours by using pressed flower stickers. They can help create a cohesive theme and make your wedding stationery stand out.
Bullet Journaling: Enhance your bullet journal with pressed flower stickers as decorative elements or page markers. They can bring a touch of nature to your journal while helping you stay organised.
DIY Candles: Customise plain candles by applying pressed flower stickers to the surface of the candle jar. When the candles are lit, the flowers will cast beautiful shadows on the walls.
Gift Wrapping: Use pressed flower stickers to embellish your gift wrapping. They can add a special touch to presents for birthdays, holidays or other occasions.
Plant Labels: Label your potted plants or herbs with pressed flower stickers to add a decorative and informative element to your garden. This is not only practical but also aesthetically pleasing.
Customised Stationery: Personalise your stationery items such as notebooks, notepads and envelopes with pressed flower stickers.
Upcycling: Give a new life to old or plain items such as wooden boxes, glass jars or furniture by decorating them with pressed flower stickers. This is a great way to add a touch of beauty to everyday objects.
DIY Bookmark: Cut cardboard into the shape of a bookmark and decorate it with pressed flower stickers so you will always be reminded of your homegrown blooms when you read.
Framed Art: Arrange pressed flower stickers in a shadow box or a floating glass frame to create a stunning piece of wall art. This can be a focal point in your home decor.